UKHab Survey App
& Data Portal
Powered by Coreo and now compatible with Metric 4.0
Try it for free
Streamlined and capable
V2.0 is packed full of new features and tools to make your UKHab and BNG work both accurate and efficient, including new GIS tools and species recording. The UKHab Portal (coming soon) will provide the complete solution to managing surveys and working with your BNG calculations.
See what people are saying…
The UKHab Survey has increased Urban Green’s habitat survey efficiency by around 65%. Access to offline maps, in-app condition assessments, and all the relevant information relating to UKHab definitions, makes habitat surveying for BNG a comparatively simple process.
Senior Biodiversity Net Gain Consultant
This is an absolute game-changer for ecological field surveyors and is fast becoming the industry standard for UKHab data collection and BNG work.
From someone who was doing surveys on paper before, having all the information and condition assessments built into the app is so much more convenient and efficient. Its wonderful! Thank you!
Ecology and Green Infrastructure Specialist
Telford and Wrekin Council
Streamlined, accurate & compliant BNG assessments
Designed by authors of UKHab to match your workflow
Completely updated for UKHab 2.0 and Metric 4.0
Complete surveys accurately and efficiently, with guidance at each step of the process.
- Descriptions of all UKHab codes are built into the app – leave the guidance notes at home!
- NEW – Attach full species lists to each feature, based on DAFOR or DOMIN. Assign species records to quadrats where required.
- Essential and additional secondary codes can now be searched. All habitats used by Metric 4.0 are clearly marked.
- Condition Assessments are built into the app. The app presents the relevant assessments based on the codes you have selected.
- Add photos and text notes to your surveys to support your assessments.
Plot precise geometries using advanced GIS style tools
Precisely map location data, even in the field.
- Record new habitat features directly in the field or import them prior to your site visit.
- NEW – Merge, cut out or split polygons to precisely tailor your habitat features.
- NEW – Draw shapes freehand using the new Draw tool.
- NEW – The app is now stylus/Apple Pencil compatible.
- NEW – Snap geometries to vector base map features such as roads and buildings.
- NEW – Fine tune the snap and draw tools to suit each situation.
The New UKHab Portal
The complete solution to managing your UKHab and BNG data.
- NEW – Set up and manage all of your UKHab Surveys in one location.
- NEW – The Portal automatically populates the Metric 4.0 Calculation Tool with your survey data – no more laborious transcription.
- NEW – Tidy up your surveys using the Portal’s GIS tooling, which includes simple-to-use gap and overlap analysis.
- NEW – Our “Combined UKHab Results” data format has been improved to provide an optimised summary of your survey data. This includes condition assessment scores and pass/fail criteria.
- NEW – Easy import of your existing geometries from GIS including pre-survey records and redline boundaries.
- NEW – GeoPackage has been added as an export format, in addition to Shapefile and .csv.
How much does it cost?
per user, per annum
(Fundamentals + UKHab licence)
The UKHab Survey is an add-on licence to the Coreo Fundamentals or Professional licence.
Coreo Fundementals licence:
£270 per user, per annum
UKHab add-on licence:
£100 per user, per annum
See the pricing page
for more information on these subscription tiers and what they include.
Charities qualify for a 15% discount. If you are a not-for-profit you may also be entitled to a bulk licence for use throughout your organisation and with volunteers – please contact us for further information.
Want to get started and find out more?
Book your demo and free trial set up session below